Monthly Bookkeeping Tech Talks
Where in depth technical conversations are happening
The struggle is real.
you're stuck on how to handle something for your clients books
so you turn to ask your coworkers for help
only to awkwardly remember you don't have those in your bookkeeping biz. 😬
Rest easy, bookkeeping bestie, with Tech Talks, you're not alone! 🥂
The place where you can go deeper into that nagging issue that you just can't get to the bottom of on your own
Katie's Tech Talks are the perfect way to stay up to date on the technical aspect of bookkeeping while feeling less alone as a business owner. Having someone to bounce ideas off of is critical, and this is the place where you can go deeper into that nagging issue that you just can't get to the bottom of on your own. Even as an attendee listening in to other people's questions, I always come away with learning something I wasn't expecting.
What are Tech Talks?
With this membership, you will be able to join us live for a monthly 90 minute conversation on technical questions related to bookkeeping and bookkeeping software.
This is not a lecture style, but a group discussion and Q&A plus sharing of tips and efficiencies. To get the most out of it, come live and contribute to the conversation!
But if you cannot make it live, you will have access to the replay.
During your active membership you also have access to the entire vault of the history of this offer - dating back to September 2022!
Who are Tech Talks for?
Tech Talks are great for the following:
- At this stage, you can join Tech Talks to immerse yourself in a behind the scenes picture of what types of topics bookkeepers encounter, plus how to deal with them. This would be a great starting place to see if this career is right for you - with the lowest dollar point and very high value.
Become A Bookkeeper Students
- BABs is an unbelievable program that teaches the whole picture of bookkeeping for a simple, in demand industry of service based solopreneurs. However, it can't show ALL the topics you'll encounter as a bookkeeper. For that reason, Tech Talks are a great addition to what you're learning inside of BABs.
- As you take on clients, things are inevitably going to pop up that stump you. Here, you have low dollar / high value support to walk you through your specific challenges. Even if you don't have a question, hearing others conversations will help improve your understanding and efficiency in your practice.
What topics are covered?
If you come live, you can ask your specific questions on the call (or submit them beforehand).
In the first 7 Tech Talks here are some topics we covered (this list is not exhaustive):
- Store credit cards,
- Accounting for personally paid biz expenses,
- Google Sheets client question process,
- Migrating from QBO to Xero,
- Square integrations,
- Quickbooks Desktop,
- Reports to send clients,
- Deductibility of Heath Insurance for biz owners,
- Important S Corp nuances (loans and commingling),
- Undeposited funds,
- Shopify connection vs integration,
- Navigating more complex payroll,
- Handling historic tax issues,
- Getting answers from clients,
- Posting payroll reclassed from distributions,
- S Corp officer compensation
- Estimated taxes for S Corp owners,
- PayPal & QBO,
- Product based businesses (inventory & COGS),
- Employee v contractor,
- W9s gone wrong,
- Avoiding sales tax w Etsy,
- Odd credit card statement end dates and when to reconcile,
- QBO invoicing and undeposited funds,
- Expense category thought process,
- Cost of goods sold v expenses,
- Stripe loans and how to properly record them,
- Simple sales tax considerations,
- PayPal in Xero,
- Asking CPAs for more info,
- Payroll for tipped employee,
- Matching mismatched transfers,
- Division coding in Xero,
- Personally paid biz expense reimbursement in the wrong tax period,
- & so much more!
I was able to directly apply the information to my clients books!
So beneficial! Katie covered my questions in length and I appreciated her patience walking me through my questions. Hearing the other questions made me realize I needed to know the information and didn't even know I also had the same question! After the great discussion, I was able to directly apply the information to my clients books! Thanks again, Katie! I can't wait for the next one!